Codecov yanked from PyPI (all versions)

@takluyver

1. That’s great to know! I deployed aarch64 version of the uploader yesterday here. We are currently blocked for ppc64le as CircleCI does not provide a runner for this architecture type. If you have any ideas, I’d be very open to it.
  2. We tried to make this a little bit easier with the GitHub Action, CircleCI Orb, and Bitrise Step, but I realize not everyone is using one of those CIs. Which CI are you using?
  3. As mentioned, I’d like to see what we can do here to make it a bit smaller.

We have no plans to make the uploader not open source (i.e. it’s going to stay open source), so no worries there. We also don’t intend to block any third-party uploaders, but we would like to know of their existence in case we need to reach out about API changes.

We’re doing ppc64le on Travis CI - it went a bit weird for most purposes, but arm64, pcc64le and s390x builds are still free & unmetered for open source projects in what they call the ‘Partner Queue Solution’. ARM & IBM sponsor making their CPU architectures available for testing.

The project with the odd architectures is h5py, which uses Azure pipelines, Travis and Appveyor (partly due to specific requirements, partly due to history & inertia).

Thanks, that’s great to hear. :smiley: I’ll quite likely publish a Python uploader if/when the existing codecov package stops working, and I’ll be sure to let you know if I do.