Misleading Project coverage on PRs when the base branch is ahead of the PR's head branch

Description

I’ll describe the following scenario:

My-Branch is behind develop by a few commits, however it can be merged because the files i’ve changed aren’t anything to do with the files that have changed in the subsequent commits on develop. These commits were to alter a few .java files, disabling some unit tests and thus reducing the coverage. My branch simply edits a .md file and will not affect coverage.

The Patch codecov status is correctly saying that my PR will not affect the coverage.
However the Project status is saying that my PR will increase coverage (because those tests that have been disabled in develop are still enabled in my branch).

This is kind of misleading, because of course when my branch is merged into develop, those disabled tests will remain disabled. Is there any way to work around this, especially when it comes to the PR comments’ coverage graph?

Codecov YAML

coverage:
    project:
      default:
        target: auto
        informational: true
    patch:
      default:
        informational: true
comment:
  layout: "reach, diff, flags, files"
  behavior: default
  require_changes: false  
  require_base: yes
  require_head: yes       
  branches: null

Hi @JohnLBergqvist, unfortunately the only way I can think of right now to do this is by rebasing your branch on top of develop or by creating a merge commit between the two branches. I’ll let the product team know about this use case.