Recently I moved a bunch of files in my project into a new directory. For some reason that new directory isn’t showing up on CodeCov and instead all the files moved into it are classed by you as removed from the project.
When I run
rspec locally, the HTML reports generated by SimpleCov do include the new directory and the files in it.
My path to CodeCov is push to GitHub, GitHub notifies CircleCI, CircleCI pull and run my tests and then push results to you (I think!) - and I have your GitHub integration enabled so you can comment on PRs etc. I’ll add links to config files where they exist, but mostly I think it’s default settings hooked up via web UIs.
I am perfectly willing to hear that I’ve done something weird here that’s caused this, but at this point I don’t know what else to check
Here’s the PR that merged moving those files into the new directory:
As you can see in the comments there, I noticed the glitch at the time and did a little investigation. It looked like merging the same feature branch into a fresh fork of main didn’t have the same issue, so I was hoping that the PR report was a caching glitch of some sort, and went ahead with the main merge - sadly with the reported results.
(Sidenote: I’ve subsequently looked back at that test branch and it looks like it did have the same problem after all - unless your system would have updated its stats after the merge to main? - so I probably misread something there)
I’ve made quite a few changes to main since merging this PR, many relating to the moved files (and to unmoved files that you do still see and that depend on the moved files), and whatever is going on hasn’t sorted itself out - the project is still 10% smaller according to you, due to those ‘missing’ files.
Here’s your page for that PR:
Nothing of use there, I don’t think - I wasn’t pushing to GitHub in the early stages of this change, just working locally, so the interesting stuff all happened in ‘contextual commits’ from your point of view.
The base commit for the merge shows 5092 tracked lines, the first push of that branch to GitHub shows 4,528 lines, so I guess that’s where this all happened, rather than when merging the PR - the latter is just when I noticed it.
(I’m having to post this report in pieces, due to the limitation on new users posting more than 10 links)