Could carryforward flag update all children of a commit?

Before submitting a topic, please confirm the following

I have searched for similar issues before creating this topic.
I have verified that my repository is using the Codecov GitHub app, if using GitHub
I have validated my codecov.yaml configuration file.
I have filled out the below sections to the best of my ability.
I understand that the community boards are a free, best-effort tool. While we hope to have someone on the Codecov team resolve your problem quickly, this is not always possible.

Description

Hi, I am wondering if when a carryforward flag on a commit get updated, could its all following commits get updated as well?

Additional Information

For example, in our use case, we have commit 1, 2 and 3, each with two carryforward flags: flag-quick, flag-slow, flag-slow is very slow (like 2-3 days to run), let’s say commit1 finished flag-slow and commit2 is running. For most users they care about flag-quick, so we display flag-quick to commit 1, 2, 3, so for commit 2 and 3, they are flag-quick@commit2+flag-slow@commit1 and flag-quick@commit3+flag-slow@commit1.

But when flag-slow on commit2 is finished, we get uploaded the result. Then for commit 2 and 3, they are flag-quick@commit2+flag-slow@commit2 and flag-quick@commit3+flag-slow@commit1. So the flag-slow does not update for commit3. How can we force commit3 to be updated to flag-quick@commit3+flag-slow@commit2 automatically?

@ymiao this is fascinating. I would make a request in our feedback channel as this is a use case we don’t really hear about.

I know we currently don’t support this type of behavior since we make the coverage calculations at time of upload.