I would like to skip the Codecov when source code when files unrelated to the tests are modified

Before submitting a topic, please confirm the following

[:white_check_mark:] I have searched for similar issues before creating this topic.
[:white_check_mark:] I have verified that my repository is using the Codecov GitHub app, if using GitHub
[:white_check_mark:] I have validated my codecov.yaml configuration file.
[:white_check_mark:] I have filled out the below sections to the best of my ability.
[:white_check_mark:] I understand that the community boards are a free, best-effort tool. While we hope to have someone on the Codecov team resolve your problem quickly, this is not always possible.

Description

Condition:
We are using codebuild to send coverage files to codecov.
We are using codecov for rspec.
On github, we have made the success of codecov’s patch status a mandatory condition for merging.

Question:
If there are no changes related to rspec, for example, if there are only changes to the frontend code, we do not want to run rspec. As a result, there will be no coverage file. In that state, we want to make the codecov’s status successful.

We have the codecov.yml setting as follows.

coverage:
    project: off
    patch:
      default:
        if_no_uploads: success
        if_not_found: success

CI/CD URL

private repository

_____          _
    / ____|        | |
   | |     ___   __| | ___  ___ _____   __
   | |    / _ \ / _` |/ _ \/ __/ _ \ \ / /
   | |___| (_) | (_| |  __/ (_| (_) \ V /
    \_____\___/ \__,_|\___|\___\___/ \_/

Codecov report uploader 0.6.1
[2023-07-22T07:42:43.258Z] ['info'] => Project root located at: /var/www/hogehoge
[2023-07-22T07:42:43.260Z] ['info'] ->  Token found by arguments
[2023-07-22T07:42:43.273Z] ['info'] Searching for coverage files...
[2023-07-22T07:42:43.499Z] ['info'] Warning: Some files located via search were excluded from upload.
[2023-07-22T07:42:43.499Z] ['info'] If Codecov did not locate your files, please review https://docs.codecov.com/docs/supported-report-formats
[2023-07-22T07:42:43.499Z] ['error'] There was an error running the uploader: No coverage files located, please try use `-f`, or change the project root with `-R`

Codecov Output

Expected Results

Codecov status is passed

Actual Results

Codecov status is as follows
「Expected — Waiting for status to be reported」

Additional Information

To begin with, I’m not sure if there’s a need to send a report to Codecov when the if_no_uploads setting is in place. This is because there’s no report that needs to be sent in the first place.

@yokei-dev let me get back to you tomorrow, I know our product team is working on something like this

@yokei-dev ok, so what I know so far is that this being worked on via the Codecov CLI. I don’t have word yet as to the functionality of it, but I’ll let you know when I do. I would suggest trying out the CLI to make sure that it’s working properly for you, so when the feature comes out (I would guess in a month or less), the transfer over is smooth.

Thanks!
Does that mean its functionality is currently under development?

@yokei-dev as far as I know, yes!

1 Like

Has this function already released?

@yokei-dev let me get back to you. I know that some development has been done for it, but I’m not sure about the current state.

1 Like

@yokei-dev I believe this is in some working state, but we don’t have any docs to share. I made a post in our feedback repo to track since our community boards will soon be in a read-only mode.