Java Jacoco branch coverage support

Before submitting a topic, please confirm the following

I have searched for similar issues before creating this topic.
I have verified that my repository is using the Codecov GitHub app, if using GitHub
I have validated my codecov.yaml configuration file.
I have filled out the below sections to the best of my ability.
I understand that the community boards are a free, best-effort tool. While we hope to have someone on the Codecov team resolve your problem quickly, this is not always possible.

Description

Hello, I just started trying Codecov and it’s wonderful in terms of usability and UX.
Per the doc, the current coverage is done by hits of lines / (sum of hit of lines + partial hit lines + missed lines). However, I’d like to know if Codecov can support using branch coverage for Java jacoco instead of line coverage.

Don’t want to start a debate on branch coverage vs line coverage but having this being a pluggable config would open up more flexibility if we decided to switch from branch coverage to line coverage and vice versa.

CI/CD URL

N/A

Codecov Output

N/A

Expected Results

We’d like to see the coverage can be “branch coverage” reported by Jacoco, which is 62%.

Actual Results

The current coverage is done by 11 / (11 + 2 + 2) = 73.3%, which is less desired. Please see my screenshot below.

Since new user can only post one image, let me attach another screenshot for the “Actual Results”

Hi @zetelight this is currently not possible, but I would suggest adding a topic in our feedback section so that the product team can be aware.

1 Like