There was an error processing coverage reports (but no broken reports shown)


I am using CodeCoverage on the dotnet test exe of a repo for a dotnet core project on AppVeyor.

It builds and publishes:

But codecov link shows an error:

It says "Please review the following uploads for clues: " but there are no files listed.



Firefox 72.0.2

Additional Information

I have tried to read the help on file paths not resolving:

But since I cant see my report it is hard to see what is misconfigured

For more info I am able to generate a report locally with ReportGenerator.exe

Is there any way to view what went wrong on your end or why it asks me to review the uploads and then shows empty list

Hi @tznind

It seems to be working now,

Is this still an issue?

(I’ll investigate that issue at the bottom, but we have a new UI coming soon so it might not get fixed in the current state)

Yeah I made some changes and managed to get it working thanks. Never figured out what the original problem was though.

If you can provide the failed commit SHA I can try checking the logs.

Hey, the SHA is


Now that I have a working build and I compare the two logs I think that the reason it failed is because the test coverage file had no results in it.

A total of 1 test files matched the specified pattern.
Test Run Successful.
Total tests: 66
     Passed: 66
 Total time: 2.4721 Seconds
No results, this could be for a number of reasons. The most common reasons are:
    1) missing PDBs for the assemblies that match the filter please review the
    output file and refer to the Usage guide (Usage.rtf) about filters.
    2) the profiler may not be registered correctly, please refer to the Usage
    guide and the -register switch.
codecov -f "Wanderer_coverage.xml"
              _____          _
             / ____|        | |
            | |     ___   __| | ___  ___ _____   __
            | |    / _ \ / _  |/ _ \/ __/ _ \ \ / /
            | |___| (_) | (_| |  __/ (_| (_) \ V /
             \_____\___/ \____|\___|\___\___/ \_/
2020-01-24 20:27:55 INF AppVeyor detected.
2020-01-24 20:27:55 INF Git detected.
2020-01-24 20:27:55 INF Project root: C:\projects\starshipwanderer
2020-01-24 20:27:55 INF Yaml not found, that's ok! Learn more at
2020-01-24 20:27:55 INF Reading reports.
2020-01-24 20:27:55 INF Wanderer_coverage.xml
2020-01-24 20:27:55 INF Uploading Reports.
2020-01-24 20:27:55 INF url:
2020-01-24 20:27:55 INF query:
2020-01-24 20:27:56 INF Pinging Codecov
2020-01-24 20:27:56 INF Uploading
2020-01-24 20:27:57 INF Uploading to S3
2020-01-24 20:27:57 INF View reports at:

One that works looks like:

Test Run Successful.
Total tests: 107
     Passed: 106
    Skipped: 1
 Total time: 6.6173 Seconds
Visited Classes 194 of 202 (96.04)
Visited Methods 695 of 743 (93.54)
Visited Points 1798 of 1974 (91.08)
Visited Branches 1285 of 1507 (85.27)
==== Alternative Results (includes all methods including those without corresponding source) ====
Alternative Visited Classes 194 of 205 (94.63)
Alternative Visited Methods 695 of 998 (69.64)

I think I was confused by 3 things:

  1. Seeing the tests had executed
  2. Seeing the uploader uploaded the file succesfully (even though it had no results)
  3. Not seeing any error messages on the site

Thanks for taking the time to respond and offering to look into it

Ah, yes, an empty report will cause issues.

b514c345ad7ebf6ecdc54e3d5aad8a4e88feb2b2 is too old to be in our logs anymore, so Can’t confirm this was the case, but it sounds like you figured it out.

We have a new UI coming soon that will hopefully better surface the errors and help you troubleshoot.