Upload Error- There was an error running the uploader: No coverage files located

Before submitting a topic, please confirm the following

I have searched for similar issues before creating this topic.
I have verified that my repository is using the Codecov GitHub app, if using GitHub
I have validated my codecov.yaml configuration file.
I have filled out the below sections to the best of my ability.

Description

I am a beginner at Julia, and I was aiming to do a personal project in this language. I tried to integrate Codecov to upload my coverage. However, I encountered the error that:
There was an error running the uploader: No coverage files located, please try use -f, or change the project root with -R``

CI/CD URL

CI run

Codecov Output

Please provide the full output of running the uploader on your CI/CD. This will typically have the Codecov logo as ASCII.

Run codecov/codecov-action@v3
==> linux OS detected
https://uploader.codecov.io/latest/linux/codecov.SHA256SUM
==> SHASUM file signed by key id 806bb28aed779869
==> Uploader SHASUM verified (20f9c9d78483fce977b6cc39e231a734a23bcd36f4d536bb7355222fb88d02bc  codecov)
==> Running version latest
==> Running version v0.3.2
/home/runner/work/_actions/codecov/codecov-action/v3/dist/codecov -n  -Q github-action-3.1.1
[2023-02-15T16:47:09.832Z] ['info'] 
     _____          _
    / ____|        | |
   | |     ___   __| | ___  ___ _____   __
   | |    / _ \ / _` |/ _ \/ __/ _ \ \ / /
   | |___| (_) | (_| |  __/ (_| (_) \ V /
    \_____\___/ \__,_|\___|\___\___/ \_/

Codecov report uploader 0.3.2
[2023-02-15T16:47:09.843Z] ['info'] => Project root located at: /home/runner/work/SimpleLinReg.jl/SimpleLinReg.jl
[2023-02-15T16:47:09.845Z] ['info'] -> No token specified or token is empty
[2023-02-15T16:47:09.855Z] ['info'] Searching for coverage files...
[2023-02-15T16:47:09.919Z] ['info'] Warning: Some files located via search were excluded from upload.
[2023-02-15T16:47:09.924Z] ['info'] If Codecov did not locate your files, please review https://docs.codecov.com/docs/supported-report-formats
[2023-02-15T16:47:09.925Z] ['error'] There was an error running the uploader: No coverage files located, please try use `-f`, or change the project root with `-R`

Expected Results

I expected that the coverage reports will get uploaded to Codecov as described here

Actual Results

The CI run passed, but the coverage report did not get uploaded.

Additional Information

The link to my repository is: SimpleLinReg.jl. I noticed that this same thing happened for every single of my CI run on different OS and Julia versions. Furthermore, I am also seeing that my repo is not set up like this:

I have installed the Codecov GitHub app only for this repository, but things did not change when I installed it for all of my repos. Nothing improved even if I completely uninstalled and unlinked Codecov from my account and set them up again.

I will be glad if someone helps me out as to what is going wrong here.

P.S.: As this repository did not contain any codecov.yml file, I did not check it out in the beginning.

@itsdebartha you need to also collect coverage reports before uploading them to Codecov.

- uses: julia-actions/julia-processcoverage@v1

I think this is what you need to add before you upload. See this example repo

1 Like

I would also click on setup repo and add your CODECOV_TOKEN as a secret.