How to Setup Appveyor

I’m missing something basic, but I can’t find it in the docs. I originally sent this to support@codecov and they redirected me here.

I have a repo: GitHub - stephenegriffin/mfcmapi: MFCMAPI
And AppVeyor CI: AppVeyor

I have test results on AppVeyor, and when I build locally in VisualStudio, I can see code coverage. So I think I have all the pre-reqs to integrate with codecov.

I just can’t figure out what I’m supposed to do. I’m following the QuickStart guide.
Step 1-3 are simple enough.
Step 4 is something about bash but I have no idea where I’m supposed to do it – is this something I’m supposed to run locally? Am I supposed to configure something on AppVeyor? No idea.

So I look at supported languages – it’s a list of languages pointing to repos. I think the relevant one is this: codecov/example-cpp11.

Ok – so I have a repo here – am I supposed to learn something from it? What am I supposed to learn from it? No idea.

So I look at Supported CI providers. I see a list of providers, with links to their sites. No instructions there.

Back to the steps from the QuickStart. When I picked my project from the list, I was taken here: codecov io gh stephenegriffin mfcmapi (apparently as a new user I don’t have the ability to put a third link…)

Where there are two steps. The first step is to copy a token. Ok – done. I now have a string on my clipboard. Should I do something with this string? No idea.

Step 2 says not required for Appveyor. So I can skip it? So all the steps lead to a string on my clipboard and nothing else?

Again – I’m missing something basic, like the first step everyone should take here is so obvious there’s no need to point it out in the docs, but I just don’t see it.

So – how do I set up codecov with appveyor? What’s the basic step I’m just not seeing?

Addendum - I got bash installed and was able to attempt to upload a code coverage report, but it just says there were errors: Codecov

Is there anyone who can help out here? I still don’t know how to get codecov working.

Has anyone successfully gotten codecov working with appveyor?

Hi @stephenegriffin, apologies for the delay. So Appveyor works well with Codecov. For instance, our python uploader uses Appveyor and you can view the repo here: GitHub - codecov/codecov-python: Python report uploader for Codecov

As for your uploads, would you be able to link to a more recent report? I can try to take a look and debug what might be happening