Improve accessibility of diff view

The colors indicating whether a line is covered, uncovered, or partially covered are hard to distinguish for people with red-green color blindness. It would be nice if there were some icons that didn’t rely on color to indicate which lines are in which category.

1 Like

Thank you for raising this. I have relayed this feedback to product to ensure it’s handled in the new UI (coming soon)

I can confirm this is addressed in the new UI. Here is a tweet from our CEO regarding it with an example: https://twitter.com/jengelberg/status/1155178522861641728?s=21

1 Like

May I ask when this will be rolled out/how this can be activated? In the diff views the colors readible (e.g. here), but in the file tabs I have the impression the they recently got even harder to see - e.g. here. Note how the coloring of the line numbers are almost completely faded out. The narrow colored bars between line number and line are too slim for me to properly see the color :confused:

@Bibo-Joshi thanks for posting back about this. It’s taken significantly longer (clearly) to roll out our new UI. Color accessibility is definitely important for us here, and I’m sorry that it’s impacting your ability to use Codecov. I’ll continue pushing on our team to make this a top priority before we release the new UI.

1 Like