Repeat/infinite status check updates and comment edits

Before submitting a topic, please confirm the following

I have searched for similar issues before creating this topic.
I have verified that my repository is using the Codecov GitHub app, if using GitHub
I have validated my codecov.yaml configuration file.
I have filled out the below sections to the best of my ability.

Description

We’re seeing repeat/infinite status check updates (and as a result, codecov report comment edits) on our PRs which is causing us to hit the limit for status check updates on a given SHA for a PR (this limit, per Github, is 1000/SHA). This is a pretty big blocker as it prevents us from merging a PR that has run Codecov.

CI/CD URL

N/A (internal)

Codecov Output

Please provide the full output of running the uploader on your CI/CD. This will typically have the Codecov logo as ASCII.
N/A (internal)

Expected Results

A single status check is posted/reported and a single comment (or edit to original comment) is performed.

Actual Results

See image showing how often Codecov is updating comment in response to status update:

@btrautmann can you provide a commit SHA so we can investigate?

@tom one of the one’s that’s experienced this was ec980c10e547cec24812306e6de6d48b62584715 on Sep 19.

@btrautmann woof, ok I see that we are sending a lot of notifications here. Is there anything particular or out of the ordinary in your CI setup? Would you be able to share the Codecov logs from CI?