Request was throttled.', code='throttled

Please search for similar issues before creating a ticket.
If you are using GitHub, have you tried adding the Codecov GitHub app?

YES

All fields below are required.

Description

From today our github action CI keeps hitting the error:

{'detail': ErrorDetail(string='Request was throttled.', code='throttled')}{'detail': ErrorDetail(string='Request was throttled.', code='throttled')}{'detail': ErrorDetail(string='Request was throttled.', code='throttled')}{'detail': ErrorDetail(string='Request was throttled.', code='throttled')}{'detail': ErrorDetail(string='Request was throttled.', code='throttled')}{'detail': ErrorDetail(string='Request was throttled.', code='throttled')}

CI/CD URL

Please provide a link to the CI/CD run.

Codecov Output

Please provide the full output of running the uploader on your CI/CD. This will typically have the Codecov logo as ASCII.

Very long… I copied to: Deleted

Expected Results

Please provide what you expect to have happened (e.g. a file that has missing coverage on a particular line).

It should pass and report coverage correctly

Actual Results

It failed the CI

Additional Information

Any additional information, configuration, or data that might be necessary to reproduce the issue.

1 Like

The same thing happened to me. The answer seems to be due to pricing changes, I was switched from a paid plan to a free plan which has a limit of 250 uploads per month. Unfortunately paid plans now start at 6 users, which is no fun when you’re a smaller team.

Hi @Edx, thanks for the issue raised and thanks @jlaine for the response. Yes, I can confirm that Codecov’s free plan now has a limit of 250 free uploads to private repositories in a rolling 30 day window https://about.codecov.io/pricing/.

Though there are notifications in billing page and pull request comment, I agree the upload error on throttling was not clear enough. We pushed an additional change to clarify last week.

If you have other questions on managing this limit or our paid plans, please don’t hesitate to post more questions here.