Suddenly started getting error - There was an error processing coverage reports

Description

Basically, jenkins properly sends the reports to codecov, but I get this error when I open them in my dashboard. The pipeline is stuck at “codecov/project Expected — Waiting for status to be reported”

Repository

CI/CD

Uploader

Travis CI?

Commit SHAs

4367cc341d4b058fe47da58cc565afca24e19aa3

Codecov YAML

coverage:
    project:
      default:
        target: 100%
        paths: 
          - "src"
    patch:
      default:
        target: 100%
        paths: 
          - "src"

Codecov Output

Additional Information

It would be good to have a better error message than " There was an error processing coverage reports.", or at least give us some more info so we can debug ourselves a bit more.

I even tried downgrading the Github action script checkout@v2 to v1 as some comments pointed out, but without success. I guess that’s because it’s Travis the one pushing reports, not a Github Action.

I appreciate any help with this.

Hi @gbillkhu92k, I don’t think this is a CI issue. If you open the raw reports, you’ll notice they are empty

# path=/home/travis/build/Frondor/memconfig/coverage/clover.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<coverage generated="1603620912933" clover="3.2.0">
  <project timestamp="1603620912933" name="All files">
    <metrics statements="0" coveredstatements="0" conditionals="0" coveredconditionals="0" methods="0" coveredmethods="0" elements="0" coveredelements="0" complexity="0" loc="0" ncloc="0" packages="0" files="0" classes="0"/>
  </project>
</coverage>

<<<<<< EOF
# path=/home/travis/build/Frondor/memconfig/coverage/lcov.info

I would recommend checking section 6 of the troubleshooting guide for help on debugging, though I admit our error messaging is poor here, and we are working to fix this.

Thank you! I finally realized why those reportes were blank.

Now, to be honest, I didn’t know how a “blank report” looked like (all metrics at zero).
So I guess that can also be added to the troubleshooting guide.

1 Like