Ternary coverage in JavaScript

Please search for similar issues before creating a ticket.
All fields below are required.

Description

Description of the issue
In JS (especially react) you will need to use ternary operators a lot. For example

<EditableTextContainer>
      {
        /* istanbul ignore next */
        isEditing ? (
          <EditableTextInput

However now it seems the coverage can never cover the the line with question mark and thus all those ternary needs to be istanbul ignored. Is there any suggestion I could try to make them covered?

Commit SHAs

Please include the commit SHA(s)

Repository

A link to the repository in question

CI/CD or Build URL

Please provide which CI/CD you are using or a link to the build where coverage is being uploaded.

Uploader

Please provide which uploader you are using and command used to run it (e.g. Bash, Node, Python, GitHub Actions, etc…). If you are not using the bash uploader, we recommend switching to it before opening an issue here.

Codecov Output

Please provide the full output of running the uploader on your CI/CD. This will typically have the Codecov logo as ASCII.

Expected Results

Please provide what you expect to have happened (e.g. a file that has missing coverage on a particular line).

Actual Results

Please provide what actually happened.

Additional Information

Any additional information, configuration or data that might be necessary to reproduce the issue.

@Edx can you provide a commit SHA and example of this happening?

DM’ed you for the details

@Edx apologies this got lost. Can you DM me your GitHub username as well?

dm’ed you

could you kindly check inbox please :wink:

@Edx I replied in DM, but to be clear, I don’t have any advice on how to cover these ternaries more than obviously covering the true/false cases.