Report stuck in processing - Unable to find report content in storage archive

Description

I uploaded a report yesterday through Travis CI but it has gotten stuck in processing. I reran the CI several times so I don’t think it’s an issue with that. When I click on the report in question I get the error message: “Unable to find report content in the storage archive”

I would attempt to troubleshoot this myself if the error message wasn’t so vague. Also please note that this has worked perfectly for every commit up to this point

Repository

This is the repository

Here is the report in question

Hi @Lauraducky

This appears to be an issue we had last night that we did not know was customer impacting at the time.

It should be good now, but you may need to reupload that report.

Please let me see if you continue to see issues. We are digger deeper now that we are aware it was customer impacting.

I’ve pushed a couple more commits as well as rerunning the CI on the one that failed and this is where we’re at:

I think you had the bad luck of trying during a relapse of the earlier outage. Can I ask you to try once more, including with a new commit, if possible?

If you re still seeing issues, can you share the full commit SHA of the new commit so I can track it down in our logs?

I’m running into the same issue.
It was a fairly new repository, so I deleted all the info and re-started the “master” builds.

codecov url: https://codecov.io/gh/rivy/js.os-paths

• 693ec7147c6fa2bd06d90672f1c58ed4343d3199 => endless “Processing reports…”
  • 82937b67702da83d54dab434cdad35b9c231503c => “Unable to find report content in the storage archive.”

Hi @rivy

I believe this was Codecov Status - Performance issues on upload

Can you upload the report(s) in question again and confirm this unsticks them?

Hi, same issue is happening to our project

It says - " Unable to find report content in the storage archive."

And report is stuck at processing.

We are using bash uploader, here is the CI build - Travis CI - Test and Deploy Your Code with Confidence

Hi, the same issue is reproduced for my project. All codecov reports created after Oct 28 are failed. The issue have started appearing from time to time starting from Oct 2.

Is there any way to fix the issue?

Hi,
I had the same issue.
For a certain tag, the reports were not processing. In my case, I think it had to do with multiple coverage reports for the same files because we run 2 different test suites but they partially touch the same code.
Furthermore, because of this, when trying to upload anything with the same flag, even if it does not have multiple coverage report files anymore, it just got stuck in processing. A serious bug at codecov’s side if you ask me.
Anyway, to get it fixed, I split the uploads into two different uploads with 2 different new flag names using -s to specify where to look for coverage reports

• Flags are passed to the uploader script with -f
  • To split the uploads, I run the bash uploader script twice, but with different -f and -s flags
  • eg

bash-uploader.sh … -f flag1 -s ./dir1

I am also facing the same issue with our github project. I observed that if the pull request is created using a private branch it would fail but if the pull request is with already merged branch it’s working fine.

This issue has come up again for me too. Here’s a screenshot of my commits right now:

Same here.
In CI I see:

-> Uploading
    -> View reports at https://codecov.io/github/getsentry/sentry-dotnet/commit/8f76db7d3360cc76c7121ac5fcfd2d4a2b8448ee

On that link I see:

Unable to find report content in the storage archive.

On the commits page, the last 8 commits, which happened in the last 18 days say: Processing...
I wonder if there’s anything I can do to fix this.

I’m having the exact same issue with a new project I set up yesterday: https://codecov.io/gh/martincostello/lambda-test-server/branch/master

Joining the club - the same issue, no reports have been processed in the past 2 weeks. It always worked previously and no changes to the pipeline had been made. CI logs say that uploads are successful every time…

Same issue for me:

This certainly worked at least some months ago, it’s been a little while since I’ve worked on this project and noticed that no reports are being processed.

Same issue:

@drazisil Do you have any ideas/comments on the issue? It looks like many users are affected?

Looks like the same issue that was being discussed over here: Unable to find report content in the storage archive - #19 by drazisil

Hey everyone, thanks for your contributions and apologies for the issue.

We started an open issue tracker on this here: CLOSED ISSUE INVESTIGATION: Report stuck in processing + Unable to find report content in storage archive

This is affecting about 1% of users. We are rapidly looking for a root cause fix or a workaround we can deliver to you all. More updates to come on the thread above.

Hi I’m getting the same issue too. Is there an update on this?